Wednesday 15 January 2014

Thermal Pot

The thermal pot is also otherwise known as the magic cooker.
I found it especially handy for the working mum who wishes to have home cooked food for their family, thus I wish to promote the use of it as well as how to cook with the thermal pot as I start to explore it.

How does it work?
The thermal pot comes with an inner pot and an outer pot.
Place the food ingredients into the inner pot and bring to boil for about 15mins and then place into the outer pot to let it continue cooking.

Some bigger thermal pots come with a small inner pot that allows you to even steam rice or cook an additional dish at the same time.


Feel free to explore my blog for recipes that I attempt to cook with thermal pots. 

here's how a thermal pot looks like:
 
The benefits of the thermal pot
- There's no need to have long hours of monitoring the pot over the stove or worried that the crockpot will dry up.
- No more washing up of burnt pots either!
- Saves electricity or gas as it only requires 15mins of cooking time over the stove.
- You can prepare meals ahead of time and let it cook which is useful for working mums or even SAHMs who are alone at home.  *Tip as a working mum: I usually boil the ingredients at night after my girl sleeps, and heat it up again over the stove in the morning while I wash up.  By the time I knock off, we'll have good quality boiled soup/ stew for the dinner.
- You can also use it as a warmer as it can keep food warm for 8hours.

1 comment:

  1. No need, but it's important to reheat it every 6-8 hours i.e. first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete